Saturday, November 10, 2012

Introductions...

Hi!  I'm David Coulter and I currently work for Southern California Edison as, well, a geek.  I get to play with a wide range of technology, mostly focused on the desktop (MDT, SCCM, Windows 7, App-V, XenDesktop, XenApp, etc, etc, etc.)  I've always thought about a blog, but never really felt I had much to say that hadn't already been said elsewhere as what I was doing was never "bleeding edge".  With all the recent technology being released, I'm finding myself focusing on and working with a LOT of new things... and I'm having a hard time remembering it all.  So this blog is just as much for me to keep my thoughts straight as for others to read.  If you stumble across it and find it valuable, let me know. : )

Microsoft has released a slew of technology lately: MDT 2012 Update 1, Windows 8, Server 2012, SQL 2012 SP1, MDOP 2012 (including App-V 5 and UE-V), Windows Phone 8, and Office 2013.  I'm sure I'm missing a few acronyms or products, but you get the idea.  It's been a busy few weeks in Redmond.  And when Redmond is this busy releasing technology, geeks around the world are just as busy learning it, studying it, and certifying on it, and just trying to get a grasp on "what's new" and "what's changed".  I've been working with some of this in my so-called "spare time" and will share the results of things I've figured it (largely through reading other sites or poking at it until it works.

I'll mostly be starting with technology related to creating a Windows 8 image, customizing it, and preparing it for deployment via SCCM 2007.  I know it's not officially supported, but it works (even without the hotfix for SCCM 2007 R3).  Upgrading to SCCM 2012 (or even SP1) may be a ways off for others also, so hopefully this information is useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment